Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The thin line...

When I was little, I would wonder, when was I going to wake up. I remember thinking, this must all be a dream, my life.. the world.. all of it has to be a dream. In a lot of ways the whole life cycle seemed kind of silly. I just didn't get what the whole point of everything was. I don't think I was an unhappy kid, or depressed or anything like that at all. But I remember very clearly these thoughts.

Now that I'm an adult, sometimes I wonder if I'm sane. Like there is a thin line I'm teetering on, holding onto the tiniest thread keeping me connected to the world and any second I could fall or the string would snap. I have no idea what would happen, just sometimes I feel that way. Blame lack of sleep, PMS, who knows... life is weird... and figuring out my place in it, often feels daunting. I'm certain I have a purpose here, now if I could just figure out what it is.


amor y paz,

me

No comments: