Monday, June 16, 2008

Wow.... hard

There are decisions in life that we are faced with, some hard... some easy. Tonight was one of the hardest nights of my life. The path before me was split, in far too many ways really, and I decided to take the path up the mountain. The path obscured by fog and indecision, the path full of the unknown. Will it be passable? I don't know, I can only hope at this point.

Sometimes you look down the paths of life and you can see a clear passage. It's so easy to take those paths, to follow them, blinders on or worse yet eyes closed to the other options. I have done that for so long. Now I'm prepared to stop. I have taken my first step towards the absolute unknown and I'm scared shitless.

I know that I've made the right decision, but damn, that doesn't make it an easy one, not in the least. My biggest concern at this point is how will this path I've chosen effect not only my life but the lives of my children. Will we all be OK when we reach the top? Hopefully we'll climb together and support one another and come out the other side stronger people for having traveled the unknown. My fear is that by the time we reach the top, they'll want nothing to do with me ever again.

amor y paz,

me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kids will always want something to do with you.